You can Pre-order This or you can Pre-order That
I am up to my eyeballs in pre-orders, and that is to be expected after this year’s E3 2015. Right now Gamescon is happening so I thought I would share with you my picks of pre-orders I plan to pick this year and the next. Based on Emochi’s post about how to be a gamer on a budget, I am ready to pick up my games in a timely manner.the post.
Kicking things off with our number ten spot.
10. Need for Speed
Price: $59.99 or $69.99 for Deluxe Edition
Systems: Xbox One, PC and PS4
What is New? the developers at EA decided to give NFS a full reboot in the nocturnal scene of open world street racing.
Why is Kuma Getting it? Straight up ever since Need for Speed took an evolutionary change when Underground came out, I became a firm believer in action street racing games and it only got better with Underground 2, Most Wanted as well as Carbon. I say Carbon because it truly introduced a nice drifting downhill mechanic to the street racing and it would have been a better game if they took out that team based A.I., which did more harm than good. It seems like NFS is taking us back to what we love, at least we hope. From what we are told we are going back to underground and most wanted days where we had an excellent story as well as great action driving. E3 2015’s preview had my jaw dropping. It looks like they are bringing back the live-action movie-style cut-scenes with intense racing mechanics I hope have improved. All in all I had to put my funds down on this gem, and I hope we are not disappointed.
- Five Ways to Play: Need for Speed returns with Five Ways to Play – Speed, Style, Build, Crew and Outlaw, enabling you to earn reputation and ultimately win your way. Combine all five to create that perfect Need for Speed moment; driving insanely fast, sliding through a corner in your customized ride alongside your friends, whilst being chased by the cops.
- Rich Authentic Customization: Build a car that reflects your character through extensive visual and performance customization. With hand-picked iconic cars, the hottest authentic after-market brands, performance tuning, and personalized handling. Set up your ride and hit the streets.
- Narrative: Five distinctive overlapping stories each inspired by a real world icon. Every choice, every second, every minute propels your playing experience on your journey to become the ultimate icon.
- West Coast Urban Setting: From dusk till dawn, discover an open world of urban car culture you never knew existed. Our stunning new world that combines the power of the new consoles and a supercharged game engine in Frostbite, to deliver a rich open world environment with roughly twice the drivable roads of Need for Speed Rivals.
- *10% discount applies to all in-game transactions using fictional Need for Speed Dollars that you earn in-game. This is the game’s only currency.
9. Mad Max
Whats the Hype?Ummm, it is f**king Mad Max in an open world game and it has been a long time since we had a Mad Max game, which makes this way overdue. However, if you want to get technical you will be surviving in the world of Max as he battles through the savage lands, just like the movies. The story is based on Max’s interceptor being stolen. His mission is to get his car back, going through anyone that stands in his way (you may remember how important that car is to him).
Why is Kuma Getting it? It is something different, and I felt Max is due for a game that would be perfect for the latest generation of consoles. I’ve been a fan of the series for a long time, and I can appreciate them making a new story that follows the same essence of the Mad Max universe rather than copying the same story from the movies.. You be able to customize certain vehicles while on your ventures and a weird companion accompanies you as your mechanic to boot.. I am mostly intrigued by the combat system as well as the car mechanics. I am hoping it is going to be as brutal as advertised.
- Be Mad Max – Become the iconic post-apocalyptic warrior, crafting Max’s equipment and weapons to survive by combining melee combat, gunplay and tactical techniques. Build Max’s legend and upgrade his skills and abilities to become even deadlier. Gamers must form alliances as they work towards the goal of building their “Magnum Opus.”
- Immersive Savage Wasteland – Explore the gritty, dynamic world while braving the treacherous landscapes, hostile weather patterns and deadly marauders.
- Survive the Open-World Landscape – Staying alive isn’t easy. Players clash with deadly factions through scores of dangerous side-missions and quests in the dynamic open-world full of exploration.
- Intense Vehicular Combat – Engage in dynamic inter-vehicular combat, taking down enemy vehicles with a range of powerful weapons. Car combat is entirely physics-based, so no two battles are ever the same.
- Build the Ultimate Survival Machine – Players design, customize and upgrade their ultimate vehicle— the Magnum Opus—choosing from different car chassis and a slew of upgrades including mounted weapons, armor and engines to survive another day.
Price: $59.99, Gold Edition $89.99
Systems: Xbox One, PC, PS4
What is the Hype? Rainbow Six has been the game to have if you want an excellent military driven story and amazing co-op with friends. I started playing Rainbow Six back on the PS1, but didn’t get a full co-op experience until the Xbox 360. It seems Siege will takes gamers to a whole new level of military tactics as always in any Tom Clancy game. Team work will be key and tactics will be your best friend.
Why is Kuma Getting it? If what was written above was not enough than I have no clue what else to say. What really sold me was the multiplayer versus mission where you face off against criminals that have hostages. It is up to you what side you want to be on and I can respect that. The idea of communicating with your team being a crucial factor in rainbow six as always had high admiration in all the games. You can’t be the Rambo in these games and giving both sides an equal chance to dominate was a nice touch.
- GOLD EDITION INCLUDES: Game and Season Pass, which gives all fans and newcomers an extended Rainbow Six Siege experience.
- THE RULES OF SIEGE: Five versus Five. Infiltrate versus Fortify. Team-based strategy meets intense, tactical combat.
- WORLD’S ELITE COUNTER-TERRORIST OPERATORS: Choose your Operator. Wield their power. Unique abilities allow you to Attack or Defend your way.
- SINGLEPLAYER, MULTIPLAYER, OR CO-OP: Terrohunt is back! Stop the White Masks terrorist threat alone or with friends.
7. Street Fighter V
Systems: PS4 and PC
Why the Hype? Street Fighter is a well know known with a great following ever since its early debut in the 80’s. Street Fighter as a series has lead many great victories and a path of salty defeats. In the end with great story and impressive fight mechanics. You have to enjoy and respect the series for what it is.
Why is Kuma Getting it? I will not lie to my readers and say that I’ve anticipated this title. I honestly favor the series that much, however I do have my favorites like 3rd Strike and the Alpha series. What had me sold to put down a pre-order for this title is the announcement of free DLC. That is right as rumored (Please keep in mind on the rumored part) that you will be able to unlock the dlc yourself just by playing the game. This takes me back to the old days of unlocking secret characters and such by performing certain challenges or just beating the game. This has been an on going problem for years with some fighting game fans where you are paying money to unlock content that is already available on the disk. So with the announcement of possibly going back to that old style of gaming letting us unlock the characters without shelling out money is a gift in itself. I salute Capcom if they keep their word on this one.
- New and Returning Characters: Birdie and Charlie Nash make their return to the Street Fighter universe, where they join classic characters like Ryu, Chun-Li, Cammy, and M. Bison. Many more new and returning characters will be added to the diverse roster, offering a wide variety of fighting styles for players to choose from.
- New Strategies and Battle Mechanics: Highly accessible new battle mechanics, which revolve around the V-Gauge and EX Gauge, provide an unprecedented layer of strategy and depth to the franchise that all players can enjoy.
- V-Trigger: Unique abilities that use the entire V-Gauge, giving players the opportunity to inflict damage when activated.
- V-Skill: Utility skills (such as evasion) for each character that can be activated at any time.
- V-Reversal: Unique counterattacks that use one stock of the V-Gauge.
- Critical Arts: Ultimate attacks that use the entire EX Gauge.
- PS4 and PC Cross-Platform Play: For the first time in franchise history, the online community will be unified into a single player pool, allowing for even more rivalries to be born.
- Next Gen Visuals: Unreal Engine 4 technology pushes the realism and next-gen visuals to new heights, making this latest entry the best looking and most immersive Street Fighter game of all time.
- Rise up: The Capcom Pro Tour, the premier league destination for competitive fighting games, features dozens of tournaments for Street Fighter players across the globe. The 2015 tour includes $500,000 in prizing, the largest in franchise history.
6. Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
Price: $59.99 but Kuma is Getting Hardened Edition $79.99
Systems: Xbox One, PS4 and PC
Why the Hype? The Black Ops series seems to be the fan favorite since it spans between different generations and of course had one of the best zombie modes in the series. This time around Sony will have first dibs on the dlc coming to the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 first ever. It is usually Microsoft that gets this content first, but things have changed.
Why is Kuma Getting it? I’ve had some amazing battles in the whole COD series, but Black Ops is one of my favorites and had the best weapon mechanics. Honestly I want to see where the story is going and before you scream bloody murder, yes I play for the story. I also play the story first before the multi-player because I give the developers credit for putting me on the edge of my seat. Even though there is a lot of salt to be had at times, it is the laughs that come from it that keeps me going back.
Features For Hardened Edition:
- LIMITED EDITION SPECIALIST CONCEPT ART CARDS – Call of Duty: Black Ops III multiplayer introduces the new Specialist character system, allowing players to choose from 9 elite black operations soldiers – each with their own look, personality, and voice. Each Specialist is featured on their own art card that includes exclusive concept art, biography, and a description of their unique weapon and ability.
- THE GIANT BONUS MAP – Zombies returns in all of its undead glory with “The Giant,” a Nazi research facility featuring the weapon-upgrading Pack-a-Punch Machine. Re-live the chaos of Treyarch’s classic “Der Riese” Zombies map, picking up the Zombies story with Dempsey, Nikolai, Richtofen, and Takeo where Origins left off.
- COLLECTIBLE STEELBOOK – Limited edition steel game case featuring an exclusive design.
- IN-GAME BONUS CONTENT: WEAPONIZED 115 – The Weaponized 115 Personalization Pack brings the popular Zombies theme to your favorite Multiplayer weapon. Customize your weapons with the fan favorite Origins-inspired camo, reticle, and animated calling card.
- IN-GAME BONUS CONTENT: CYBORG – The fan favorite Cyborg Personalization Pack returns in Call of Duty: Black Ops III, fully-loaded with an electrotech-themed weapon skin, uniquely-shaped reticle, and a calling card.
- OFFICIAL CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS III SOUNDTRACK – Upgrade your playlist with a digital copy of the in-game score.
5. Halo 5: Guardians
Price: $59.88 Limited Ed. $99.99 Collectors $249.99
Developers: 343 Industries
System: Xbox One
Why the Hype? Master Chief has been the Hero standing in the way of many enemy forces, but it seems that he will finally meet his match this time around. However its kind of hard to maintain the heroes persona when Chief is M.I.A and now certain few are questioning his loyalty.
Why is Kuma Getting it? I have been a Halo veteran for the longest time reading all the books and watching the movies. Halo has had its ups and down, but Halo Reach was my favorite of the titles. I am just wondering if this will be the last of the series and how it will all play out. So in that you can just paint me curious.
- An intense new story on a galactic scale: Play as the Master Chief and Spartan Locke as the hunt plays out across three new worlds.
- Your team is your weapon: Choose how to achieve objectives while playing solo with AI teammates or with friends in a 4-player cooperative experience using your Xbox Live 14-day Gold trial.
- Warzone: New, massive-scale multiplayer mode that supports 24-player battles with both friendly and enemy AI dropping in. It’s nonstop action when you confront Spartans, Covenant, and Forerunners while trying to complete a variety of objectives.
- Arena: Halo’s established legacy of pure, skill-based 4-vs-4 competitive combat.
- New rewards system: Earn Requisition Points throughout the multiplayer experience, redeemable for REQ packs that deliver new gear, weapons, vehicles, and more.
- Extensive Multiplayer Content: Receive more than 15 new free maps and earn fresh, new content like weapons and gear, each month after launch.
4. Tom Clancy’s The Division
Price: $59.99, Gold $99.99 Collectors $159.99
Systems: Xbox One, PS4 and PC
Why the Hype?
Why is Kuma Getting It?
3. Mirrors Edge catalyst
Price: $59.99 Collectors $199.99
Systems:Xbox One, PS4 and PC
Why the Hype? Mirror’s Edge was the premiere FPS adventure that brought in a new way of playing with a full parkour element that gave us gamers a first person view of a runner. Being that you had the option of using lethal force or not was a great choice to have.
Why is Kuma Getting it? After leaving us with a cliff hanger in the last game which left us all wondering the fate of Faith and her sister. Catalyst is a long time coming and I am hoping for all new mechanics and possibly new combat features to Faith.
- First-Person Action – Get up close with your enemies. Use your freedom of movement and martial arts combat in conjunction with the environment to experience fluid first-person action unlike any other.
- Explore the City of Glass – Roam the beautiful, high-tech city at your own pace, and unlock its many different districts. Run free and explore every corner from the highest, glass made skyscrapers to the hidden underground tunnels.
- Witness the Rise of Faith – Brought up on her own on the margin of the totalitarian society, Faith found refuge amongst an outsider group called the Runners. Learn about her origin story, and take part in her journey as she stands up against oppression and becomes the catalyst that can change the City of Glass forever.
2. Star Wars Battlefront
Price: $59.99 Deluxe $69.99
Systems: Xbox One, PS4, and PC
Why the Hype? Its Star Wars…
Why is Kuma Getting it? ITS F**KING STAR WARS! Star Wars Battlefront gives you the choice of either fighting for the Empire or the Rebels dealing with up to 40 players in an online multi-player battle. This game is freaking huge and you will get the opportunity to be a part of Star Wars history.
- The Most Immersive and Photorealistic Interactive Entertainment Experience
- Visit classic planets from the original Star Wars trilogy, detailed with an unprecedented amount of realism and sense of authenticity that will transport you to a galaxy far, far away
- Experience amazing digital replicas of the original Star Wars movie models, brought to lifelike fidelity by DICE’s use of photogrammetry technology
- Ground-based Combat on a Galactic Scale
- Engage in epic battles on iconic planets including Hoth, Endor, and Tatooine. Also, bring the fight to the previously unexplored planet, Sullust.
- Pilot a diverse set of ground-based vehicles including nimble speeder bikes, massive AT-ATs, and more
- Master the Battlefront with Iconic Star Wars Characters
- Play as some of the most memorable characters in the Star Wars universe including Darth Vader and Boba Fett
- Encounter a variety of beloved characters from the original trilogy such as C-3PO and R2-D2
- Take to the Skies in Epic Star Wars Dog Fights
- Pilot the Millennium Falcon, X-wings, TIE fighters, and more of your favorite vehicles in exhilarating aerial combat
- Made for Jedi and Padawans Alike
- Battle alongside your friends online or in offline split-screen Co-op mode
- Seamlessly swap between 1st person and 3rd person views
1. Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5
Price: $59.99, $39.99
Systems: PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC
Why the Hype: The time Neversoft had the rights it was a glorious time in the skateboard gaming universe. Full of amazing challenges through many different areas. Full customization on not just your character, but create your own skate park and now that is all back with Pro Skater 5.
Why is Kuma Getting it? Honestly this comes to a nostalgia choice where I used to play Pro Skater with my buddy from High School. Going on a full multi-player session performing all sorts of challenges made the gaming world of skateboarding a blast. I am looking forward to the release to relive those days and hopefully see some of my old buddies get a good session going.
This is my list, but I am looking forward to seeing what you have lined up for your pre-orders? Please feel free to share your list and hopefully if we get the same games, we can get a session going depending on the platform. Stay frosty gamers!
Latest posts by Beast Gamer Kuma (see all)
- The AbleGamers Showing Xbox Adaptive Controller at Play NYC - August 13, 2018
- Hands on with Miasma Caves at Play NYC - August 12, 2018
- Boxing Apocalypse Arriving at Play NYC - August 9, 2018