Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden Pre-order and Purchase Details
So, we finally get a look at the gameplay for Mutant Year Zero which reminds me of a gritty version of Captain Bucky O’ Hare, but without the Captain and it seems we have Dead Eye Duck in his early years or ancestor. Since the E3 Embargo was lifted we now get a closer look at the gameplay involved with Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden.
First out the game is the PC Pre-orders with Console pre-orders coming soon. You will be able to pre-order a standard version for $34.99 and the Deluxe Edition for $54.99. Since this will be all digital for the PC, the Deluxe edition will have Digital Artbook, Desktop Wallpaper, Digital Soundtrack and a digital copy of the Mutant Year Zero pen-and-paper RPG book. Do not worry Standard edition owners that pre-order will gain an early access, well three days early which is fine by me. It will also feature access to the launch beta, but that is only with the Deluxe Edition.
“Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden is powered by the Unreal Engine and will be available on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 during the second half of 2018. The game is based on the classic Mutant IP that has spawned several popular pen and paper role-playing games since the 1980s, including the current Mutant: Year Zero from Free League and Modiphius Entertainment.”
- TACTICAL COMBAT: Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden is the ultimate fix for your tactical strategy addiction. Dive into a deep, turn-based, tactical combat system inspired by the XCOM games
- EXPLORE A POST-HUMAN EARTH: Journey through a post-human world of abandoned cities, crumbling highways, and overgrown countryside. Check back at the Ark, a neon-bathed oasis of ill repute and questionable characters, to restock your supplies and plan out your next adventure.
- CONTROL A TEAM OF MUTANTS: A duck with an attitude problem and a boar with anger issues; these aren’t your typical heroes. Get to know Dux, Bormin, Selma, and many other characters each with their own unique personality and deranged perspective on the world and their situation.
- MASTER THE STEALTHY APPROACH: Sneak through shadows to avoid conflict or to catch enemies unaware. Real-time stealth allows you full control of approach: sneak into an enemy camp, position the team of Mutants to your advantage, and gain the element of surprise.
- UNLOCK MUTATIONS: Unlock new mutations and abilities for your Mutants, such as Selma’s Stoneskin, Bormin’s Charge, and Dux‘ uncanny ability to sneak into a camp full of enemies unnoticed, despite being a 4-foot tall walking, talking duck with a crossbow.
- DYNAMIC ENVIRONMENTS: Use the environment to your advantage. Stay out of floodlights, hide from line of sight, or just blast down fully destructible walls and buildings and wreak utter havoc.
- LOOT, LOOT EVERYWHERE: From makeshift slingshots to high-powered rifles and top hats to police vests, make sure you equip your Mutants for the dangers ahead. Nothing says post-human quite like a mutated boar in spiked metal armor charging at you with a blunderbuss in his hands.