Resident Evil 2 Remake Announcement
So, I must admit, E3 has been pretty lit this year. Between the Kingdom Hearts 3 footage, Super Smash Bros Ultimate for the switch dropping in a few months, Gears 5, and DMC5, all the top companies have been pulling out all the stops on with sequels to many beloved titles. But why stop at just new titles? What about the wonderful nostalgic pull of a remake? Capcom never missing a beat when it comes to remaking old titles fans love decided to make my whole E3 and announced *drumroll please* Resident Evil 2 remake!
In Resident Evil 2, the classic action, tense exploration, and puzzle solving gameplay that defined the Resident Evil series returns. Players join rookie police officer Leon Kennedy and college student Claire Redfield, who are thrust together by a disastrous outbreak in Raccoon City that transformed its population into deadly zombies. Both Leon and Claire have their own separate playable campaigns, allowing players to see the story from both characters’ perspectives. The fate of these two fan-favorite characters is in players hands as they work together to survive and get to the bottom of what is behind the terrifying attack on the city. Will they make it out alive?
- A spine-chilling reimagining of a horror classic – Based on the original PlayStation console release in
1998, the new game has been completely rebuilt from the ground up for a deeper narrative experience.
- A whole new perspective – New over-the-shoulder camera mode and modernized control scheme
creates a more modern take on the survival horror experience and offers players a trip down memory lane with the original gameplay modes from the 1998 release.
- Terrifyingly realistic visuals – Built on Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine, Resident Evil 2 delivers
breathtakingly photorealistic visuals in 4K whilst stunning lighting creates an up-close, intense and
atmospheric experience as players roam the corridors of the Raccoon City Police Department (RPD).
- Face the grotesque hordes – Zombies are brought to life with a horrifyingly realistic wet gore effect as they react in real time taking instant visible damage, making every bullet count.
- Iconic series defining gameplay – Engage in frenzied combat with enemies, explore dark menacing
corridors, solve puzzles to access areas and collect and use items discovered around the environment in a terrifying constant fight for survival.
- See favorite characters in a whole new light – Join rookie police officer Leon S. Kennedy on his first day in the job and college student Claire Redfield, who is searching for her brother amidst a terrifying zombie epidemic.
- Step into the rookie shoes of both heroes – Enjoy separately playable campaigns for both Leon and
Claire, allowing players to see the story from both characters’ perspective.
By the looks of the trailer alone, the graphics are about amazing. The Resident Evil series has come a very long way both graphics, and gameplay wise. Gone are the days of wonky controls. Since the original RE2 ran off the old control system it will be very interesting to see how the new gameplay will turn out. We don’t have that long of a wait, because RE 2 drops January 25, 2019! Looks like mama’s got a new birthday gift on her wishlist! So get those bank accounts ready, because winter 2018-2019 looks like it will be a very hot year for gaming.