Gamescom Reveal of Insurgency: Sandstorm
Sequel to the expandable world of Insurgency comes Insurgency: Sandstorm from New World Interactive and this years Gamescom shows us a new gameplay trailer of what to expect.
Intel of Features:
- Sequel to the indie breakout FPS Insurgency, now with 5 million units sold. Sandstorm is reborn, improved, expanded, and bigger in every way for PC and, for the first time, consoles.
- Character and weapon customization to show your battle-hardiness.
- Unprecedented audio design with positional voice-chat for realistic teamwork, and heart-pounding ambient audio to bring you into the battlefield.
- Peek around corners, tactically breach doorways, use smoke to cover your team’s advance, and call in air support.
- Battle across expansive maps in up to 16-versus-16 player game modes, or 8 player co-operative against AI, now with a machine gun mounted drivable vehicles.
- Competitive multiplayer features including matchmaking, broadcasting UI, and replays.
Being that you have to pass through war torn-environments of a fictional battleground of the Middle East, you will always be on your toes. You have to pay attention to your ammo as it will be scarce as you ditch the grips of death at each turn. The closer you get to victory the more careful you have to be going through the terrain with each step.
You will make it your own character on the warpath with this new feature of making your own character to fully customize. You will have the options of clothing, uniforms, accessories, and character voices. Relaying valuable intel with your team is crucial, using the vehicles to your advantage will be key and of course, have quick thinking in head to head combat. You will have access to new weaponry and upgrades to further enhance your experience.
“Continuing Insurgency’s acclaim as the most atmospheric shooter, Sandstorm is built on Unreal 4 to bring its gritty close-quarters combat into a whole new era of realism. Skill is rewarded, and survival is paramount. Feel every bullet, and fear every impact.”
Sounds like that would be a lot of fun to be had in this sequel, but be sure to check back for more details as we grow near to release date which will be September 19th for PC and sometime in 2019 for consoles. – Beast Out –